CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Huhu grubs!


We have been talking about what a good learner looks like in Room 2. We are discovering that a good learner is curious about the world and asks questions. Mrs Polaschek bought something for us to be curious about- some huhu grubs!

We all had a good look and a feel. Some children held them- they were squishy and wiggly!

Here are some of our thoughts and wonderings about the huhu grubs.

"I think they are slimy" said Ava.
"The huhu grub is lumpy" said Logan.
"I think they are yucky" said Lachlan.
"I see a slimy grub" said Angus.
" I think they are slimy and I think they icky and yucky" said Nick.
"I wonder if the head is on the right side and it poops out the left?" said Eilish.
"I wonder which side is which?" said Lily
"The huhu grub pooed. Yuck!" said Cody.

We found out huhu's are native to New Zealand (just like us!) and they turn into big beetles that only live for two weeks. They live in rotten logs.



No comments:

Post a Comment